Sunday, October 14, 2007

Footy Comes First

Louisville is in the state of Kentucky and always stood out as a strange place to go to when telling people of my trip. Fair enough I guess when it is lumped in with the big names of New York, Washington DC, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.


But you would be surprised at the amount of stuff there is to do in Louisville. This is the home of most of the world’s best bourbons if that’s what you’re into. It’s also the home of the Louisville Slugger baseball bat factory and museum as well as The Muhammad Ali Centre. A full cabinet of brochures will show you so much other stuff to do in Louisville and all over Kentucky.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to do any of it as this visit was purely business. The business being the US Footy National Championships. It is a two-day carnival involving about 30 teams from all over the country as well as 4 women’s teams.

I could have bypassed some of the footy to explore the local attractions but I knew I wouldn’t be able to do them properly and spend a decent amount of time.


No comments: