Sunday, April 30, 2006

Why have a website?

Well may you ask. I have no goods to sell, or service to provide. But all of a sudden I’m starting to think about stuff. Yes, stuff in general. Usually I don’t have opinions about a lot of things because I just don’t think too much about them. All I ever really thought about for many years was footy, more specifically the AFL. But as a grow up (24 years old but still growing), I’m starting to think and ask myself, “What do I think about this?” Usually my first port of call was to ask my brother Danny because he thinks about a lot of stuff that I’ve never thought about. that's a good starting point but I found that it’s better to form one’s own opinions.

So the purpose of this website is to have a forum to get some of these thoughts out there. There will be a lot of thoughts on footy issues but I’m going to prove that it’s not all that I think about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hammer,
Welcome to blogdom!

I will be absolutely no use in reflecting on your footy posts, but it's great to hear you start thinking stuff through.
Also good to see you working practically on possible career paths. Remember, the key thing is: it doesn't matter what you do, so long as you see it as part of serving God and his gospel.
So, it can be a really good thing to pause and think about any job or career you might be pondering in terms of "how can I serve God in this role?"
There is a good answer to that question for any job or occupation.