Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Fashion That’s Growing On Me

Just because it’s fashion doesn’t mean it looks good or is even in good taste. Check out any fashion show in Europe and you will understand what I mean. Weird and way out designs that are by no means practical, but are for some reason supposed to get people to buy the designers product.

Some shows display more practicality and comfort, but still not necessarily a good look. There is one look that I didn’t like at all but for some reason it doesn’t look that bad to me anymore. The look is wearing leggings under skirts or long tops.

My thinking used to be:
  1. If it’s so cold that you require leggings then you should be wearing pants or a long skirt, or;
  2. If it’s warm enough to wear a short skirt then the leggings shouldn’t be necessary

Neither of these situations stopped girls from wearing the leggings under their skirts. I have seen them worn in conjunction in all seasons.

It all depends on how they’re worn I guess. After all, they are the same as wearing stockings except they are cut off at the ankle. I can see the practicality also of their use in the colder months. I still don’t like leggings under shorts though, it still looks slightly ridiculous to me.

I’ve had a look around and there are forums discussing such an issue. Even women don’t get why they are back in fashion after it was assumed to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Check out:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if the girl is sexy then it doesnt matter
XD hahahahah

i hate it that now your westie ugg boots have become some sort of fashion statement and the next girl i take out that wears them out to dinner i will kick in the head. but yeah keep it real hammer

kegz