Monday, December 31, 2007

OK!!! Maybe It Is Getting To Me

I have received a lot of rejection letters for teaching jobs for which I have applied. They have all been kept so that when I finally get a job I can see how far I’ve come.

But it is all getting a bit much as I consider whether I was meant to do teaching in the first place. There are moments when I think I am on track with God’s plan but right now I have my doubts that I am anywhere near.

Consider these moments:
  • Being accepted by all three Uni’s when I thought I was surely off to Bathurst for my grad dip ed
  • Being one of very few in my dip ed class to go straight into a teaching job

Then contrast with:
  • Being sent to the edge during my first year of teaching, so far that I almost gave the profession away completely
  • Being so close for some jobs yet being so far away

So how do you know what is God’s plan for you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just remember that "God's plan" does not equate to a cruisy life and knowing exactly where you're heading. it just means that, even when you're not sure what's going on and what you're meant to be doing, you are seeking god in any action you take, no matter what it may be. don't think that, just because something seems to be happening "by default", it must be what god wants you to do.

Anonymous said...

just remember, the military is always there!