Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Three Month Report Card

At the beginning of this year I reported on how well I survived a stint house-sitting for some friends. I felt I did pretty well, but it was only house-sitting and now I have had the real thing for about three months. Time to look back and see if I’m still doing as well as I thought I was. Looking at the same areas:

Mum’s cooking
Still go home for dinner a few times a week, depending on my roster. However I am doing big cook up and freezing meals for my lunches at work. Or if I cook for dinner I deliberately cook too much so that they can be frozen for lunches.

Cable Television
It’s not so bad anymore. I’m surprised that I actually watch less television now than before. It’s possible that facebook and MSN has taken over though.

Air Conditioning
Hasn’t gotten too hot yet. I’m in between levels so it shouldn’t get way too hot in here, but it does get stuffy so a few open windows and fans tend to do the trick.

Clothes Washing and Ironing
People are surprised and sometimes disgusted when I say I still send some washing home to mum. Think about it, I haven’t had to do much washing for myself in 26 years. It’s going to take time to get into the swing. Plus it is hard to hang up bulky items on my balcony. At the moment I only send my nice shirts and work shirts back home, I do everything else.

The Internet
I got lucky, my flat mate had a modem that worked. Will need to find a more long term solution soon though.

No comments: