Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Love My Cricket, But…….

I growing tired of Bill “Doctorate of the Bleeding Obvious” Lawry and his thoughtless, uninciteful commentary. You all know what I am referring to, the batting team needs runs and the fielding team needs a wicket. Wow!! Thanks Bill, I didn’t know that a team chasing a run target actually needs runs, now that I’ve been told that there was actually a purpose to the game I am much more excited.

Unfortunately though I feel that if Channel Nine were to get rid of one of the old school commentators then it will quickly mean the demise of the rest, ie Richie, Chappelli and Tony, whom I quite like. Richie has earnt the right to go out whenever he chooses but I couldn’t care less about Bill.

The new boys on the team are leaving Bill behind and have more to say and more interesting things to say.


1 comment:

Elise Corless said...

"The new boys on the team are leaving Bill behind and have more to say and more interesting things to say."

Sounds like you're describing his batting too. He gave boycott a run for his money in the boredom stakes...