Thursday, February 14, 2008

Simply Christianity – Book Review

Simply Christianity – Beyond Religion by John Dickson

This reading kick that I have been on recently has allowed me to get through many of those books that have been sitting on my shelves for many years. This is one such book, having been published in 1999 and bought probably soon after.

Unfortunately though I didn’t get as much out of this book as I may have had I read it when it was bought. This is because since then I have read such books as The Christ Files by John Dickson and The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel that go into more detail than Simply Christianity.

Not to say it’s a bad book at all, quite the contrary as I rate highly anything John Dickson produces. This book has its place as a very introductory read for those adults perhaps very new to Christianity or just searching for some answers. There is even a workbook now to accompany the book for small groups or individual study.

It answers a lot of questions in a language that new Christians can understand, something John Dickson does very well.


No comments: