Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Local Product

It was asked of me this week whether I would stay up late for a Swans game. This was asked after my vehement rejection of the suggestion to stay up to watch the Socceroos play Italy. I tried to give the question due consideration and I found it really difficult for a few reasons:
  • AFL games are always on at a decent hour (particularly if you have Foxtel)
  • Every Swans game is either live or slightly delayed in Sydney.
  • If I were to be in another country I believe AFL games would not be televised at all
  • There is no World Cup for Australian Rules Football. There is the International Rules against Ireland and I have stayed up on occasion for those.
It’s the beauty of supporting local product. So if you are contemplating supporting Soccer after the success in Germany, try the A League, it starts in August.

No comments: