Thursday, June 15, 2006

Star Wars Rookie

It’s true.

I have never seen a Star Wars movie. I don’t get why I get so many weird looks at this revelation. Science fiction just never appealed to me. True stories and comedies are more my go.

However, I am willing to rectify this situation. I need the assistance of the various and many Star Wars veterans that I know. I have the rare opportunity to watch them in order (i.e. 1 – 6). Some think this is worth a go while others recommend watching them in the order they were made (i.e. 4 – 6, 1 – 3) citing that it’s best to watch the old tech before the new tech.

I see advantages in both ways of viewing. I’m on the fence, part of me wants to do something different and watch them 1 – 6 but then if the differences in technology are that great the whole adventure may end on a downer.

I guess for me the big point is will I get what is happening with one or the other.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go 1-6 ... if you make it through the first three without giving up, 4-6 will make the whole thing worth watching.

Anonymous said...

I watched them in the order they were made and I would recommend that to you. I know some Star Wars experts at work and this is what they recommend as well.

Anonymous said...

Joel's right - the 'older' three will make up for the plasticy 'new' three.

Anonymous said...

Joel, I think you should have said if you can get through the first movie, you can get through anything...

Anonymous said...

Spotted via Slashdot: Losin' It is the story of one man who watched episodes 1 through 6 in a single, marathon session.

Anonymous said...

watch it in the original order, then u wont get disappointed in the shabby old technology that they used to use.