Thursday, October 12, 2006

Austrian Schnitzelhaus

For my birthday I wanted to try out a new restaurant to continue my cultural crusade of food. When coming back from work one day (when I was with Sportspro) I noticed this place on Victoria Road at Gladesville and I thought I might be a good as it was something I’d never tried before. I had to bide my time thought because I spotted it many months before my birthday.

It is quite a small place but it does have a separate room for functions. The atmosphere is good and the waitresses spoke with a German accent, which ads to the authenticity. I assume they are from a German/Austrian decent but they could be putting it on for all I know.

Most of us had a schnitzel of some sort. There are many to choose from, but they are all huge, and they all tasted great. Me and Dad washed ours down with a German beer and capped it off with a slice of homemade Apple Strudel. It was almost too much apple.

So if you want to try something different then I recommend the Austrian Schnitzelhaus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A truly great restaurant. I had the Wiener Schnitzel, which was great. Next time, I'll have the pork knuckle (Ganze Schweinshaxen).