Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hawks Humbug

I know no one really cares about this but I will write anyway.

AFL Trade Week is in action this week. As the proper season finished last week this is all I have to keep me excited for the summer. There is reason to be excited, as Sydney could potentially be involved in one of the bigger trades of the week. Hawthorn’s Peter Everitt has stated that he wants to come to Sydney because the Hawks won’t offer him more than a one-year contract. Yet they want Sydney’s 2nd round draft pick and a star young player for him. This sounds very contradictory as they obviously don’t rate Everitt that highly if they wouldn’t give him a decent contract yet they want to split up the 2nd best team in the competition and take a high draft pick. What side of the planet is Hawthorn living on? They are being completely unreasonable, not only to the Swans but also to the player they supposedly rate so highly, Peter Everitt. Hawthorn should take the 3rd round pick that they were offered then go home and have a good hard look at themselves. If I had a Tool of the Week award I would give it to the whole club.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes a change from Jason Akermanis getting the award, I suppose.