Saturday, February 24, 2007

Country Music

For some reason many people have a negative view of country music. Most, I believe, have never listened to country music or even listened to it with an open mind. These people have shut themselves off from this beautiful genre of music all due to a pre conceived notion of what country music is all about.

Recently I was very excited to hear the tales of someone who had just discovered country music for the first time. As a result my interest in the genre has been re ignited.

It is a very ‘real’ musical genre as opposed to all the facadities and falsehoods of today’s hip-hop / pop world. I recommend that everyone listen to the music, but possibly more importantly, listen to the lyrics. You may just find that you are moved by some of them. Not a swear word in sight for the most part, just beautiful inspirational lyrics.

For a gentle introduction try some of these:
  • The ANZAC – Adam Brand
  • What My Heart Does – The McClymonts
  • Forget About It – Alison Krauss
  • Landslide – The Dixie Chicks
  • True Blue – John Williamson
  • Forever & Always – Shania Twain
If you want to rock it out a bit then try these:
  • I’m Outta Here – Shania Twain
  • Something Like That – Tim McGraw
  • How Do You Like Me Now – Toby Keith
  • Lubbock Or Leave It – The Dixie Chicks
  • Boys From The Bush – Lee Kernaghan
All should be available on iTunes Music Store, and all feature on my iPod


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your comments about country music. It is truly music of the soul. The Australian country music scene showcases many talented artists. It is a shame that more of this genre of music doesn't get played on the commercial mainstream stations.

my special place said...

Oh I love and always have country music the music is awesome, my absolute favorite artist is Tim McGraw and his lovely wife Faith, they are just wonderful people, artists and can sing the heck out of anything, I also loved the late great Conway Twitty to mention only a couple your taste is amazing, have you heard Tim's song Live Like You Were Dying and seen the video, it is just awesome, well it also hits home to us however it is the emotion he puts into his every word, he dedicated it to his late father Tug, if you haven't seen the video please do watch it I'd so love to see what you think, thanks and have a great one, love your country its gorgous!Oh we met Tim and Faith they are so nice it would blow your mind, they are the sweetest ever,so down to earth as if they have known you forever, really incredible couple.