Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Easter Show Expenses

The Easter Show is coming soon, so is Easter, and expect to hear people whinge about the price to get in and around the showgrounds. Of course TV reporters are always asking people who have already chosen to attend the Easter Show, despite the expense. If the price is such a big deal then one must vote with their feet and not go. Record crowds in previous years can make the organisers think that they can raise prices and still get the same or larger attendances. Declining attendances say the opposite and would make them rethink their pricing.

I know it’s easier said than done to say “Just don’t go.” I remember the nagging me and brother Danny performed to get ourselves taken to the show at the old Moore Park Showgrounds. In my position of singleness with no dependants it is very easy for me to say I won’t go.

But you know, any tough decision my parents made to not give me what I wanted I now very much appreciate. I was still very young when we had the recession and was very upset when Christmas wasn’t as good that year. But looking back now, I can see how mum still did her best to make sure we had something.

So harden up people and learn to say no, show some tough love if the price is just that too far out of reach.


No comments: