Monday, April 05, 2010

Bill Cosby Books

“Love and Marriage”

and

“Fatherhood”



I have watched a lot of ‘The Cosby Show’ and listened to most of Bill Cosby’s comedy albums as I grew up. So good was he that frequently a Cosby reference would be thrown into conversation at the Haynes dinner table.

At the height of Bill Cosby’s appeal during the years of ‘The Cosby Show’ he wrote these two books and some others that we don’t have. They mostly reflect his stand up comedy so must have been relatively easy to write.

For me they were easy books to read as I could imagine Bill Cosby’s voice as I read. That way I was always captivated and was on the same wavelength as him. I could pick up the tone in which he would say the words. Therefore there would be no rereading of pages.

It really makes for entertaining reading and perhaps when I am closer to marriage and fatherhood I may even read them again. They would be better than any instructional book anywhere.


No comments: