Friday, August 18, 2006

Footy Show Audience

Last night (17the August) I was part of the studio audience to watch the NRL Footy Show featuring Fatty, Sterlo and the gang. Although I’m not very regular in watching The Footy Show, very irregular actually, I found this experience very enjoyable.

I find the behind the scenes stuff very interesting, the stuff that goes on when everyone else is watching ads. Of note was the fact that the song by Deni Hines to feature at the end of the show was pre-recorded before the show had actually started.

From the TV I always imagined that the studio was much bigger but it is pretty small and intimate, which I’m guessing is because they like to get the crowd involved. They have a big funny bloke telling us when to clap and cheer madly, and encouraging us not to look disinterested despite the length of the show and the uncomfortableness of the seats. So there is a good chance to get your head on the TV. As I went home I received an SMS from a couple of people who had seen me and the others I was with, and only one of those people knew I was going to be there.

You even go home with a little gift bag full of little goodies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you wear your Raiders top, Tim?

Tim Haynes said...

No, that one was bought cheaply specifically for footy training in the colder months. I wore the Parra 1981 replica jersey that I bought last year while I was earning money

Anonymous said...

go the mighty eels