Saturday, August 26, 2006

Open Daze

I attended the Sydney Uni Open Day today (Sat 26th) and made a couple of interesting observations while checking out details for a Physiotherapy course that they offer:
  1. I am always on time if not early. So when I saw that there was a lecture on Physiotherapy course at 10 am I aimed to get there early. I got there at 9.50am mainly because it was cold and I forgot a jacket, also because I had nothing else there that I needed to see. Prospective students were still walking in at 10.20 and the lecturer was done at 10.30. Are these school leavers really serious about going to Uni because this is one hard course.
  2. Most people reading this knows what the term "full time" means. But when it refers to Uni, full time usually means a small part of nearly every day of the week. Full time in a Physio course means 8am - 5pm pretty much every weekday. To that the reaction from the majority of the room was a jaw dropping "Woh!!" Whereas I was thinking it was about time there was an actual "full time" course, welcome to the real world school leavers. I think Uni graduates would be all alot more prductive if more courses were really full time.
  3. Lastly, I knew I could always rely on the student union to be the only people coming up to me to give me information about themselves (and give a few chupachups).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez Tim, you almost sound like a mature age student...

Tim Haynes said...

I will be if I take this course sometime in the future.