Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Retraining Options


Recently I received a letter from the Department of Education (DET) inviting me to retrain in other key learning areas (KLA’s). It included the above slogan as motivation. I surprised myself when I even thought it might be something worth considering in the near future. I have even kept the postcard that was sent along with the letter. It is no glaringly obvious on my corkboard as a reminder. It’s a big step as if you were to ask me at the same time last year if I’d be interested in retraining I would have shot you on site (so to speak). I was so vehemently against teaching again whilst trying not to rule it out as an option. Now it is definitely on the radar of serious options if circumstances allow. Some big decisions might need to be made very soon. No doubting that I will blog about them if and when they are made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone that didn't have too many options not so long ago, to have a
stable job and a few choices as to where to go is pretty good.

I guess you can look back at this situation if you ever end up jobless