Thursday, June 07, 2007

New Aldi Opening Soon

As I am on the road every day I have been watching with great interest the development of the new Aldi store at South Wentworthville on the Great Western Highway. Only in the last couple of weeks has it become obvious that it will be an Aldi, although us locals have known since they started laying foundations.

Since it’s inception I have been an Aldi sceptic. That was before I had to buy my own groceries. Now I will probably be more accepting of their philosophy.

I never could get why a supermarket would advertise it’s cheap junk rather than it’s food. In catalogues you may see advertised their prices for fresh produce but then everything else is cheap electrical equipment, furniture, whitegoods, or in the latest catalogue it was snow clothing. I know of at least one person who loves Aldi particularly for these added extras, it’s as if the cheap food was the bonus instead of the other way around.

I visited one the other day at Quakers Hill. I couldn’t explore too much as I was on the job. It was obvious why their prices were so low, no name brands with no fixtures and in bulk.

Aldi at South Wentworthville officially opens Thursday 28th June, no doubting that I will be there.

No comments: