Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Real Football

Introducing phase three of my blog fascination: The Real Football. It's where I plan to "keep it real" about what is happening across all football codes, not just what I consider to be the best code. No prizes for guessing which one it is.

To start it off I have copied some of the footy related content from Hammer Time just to get me started so I can continue to muck around with the layout. A definite red and white theme is trying to come out while being easy to read and having everything where it should is also an aim.

Basically just another reason for me to talk about footy.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

I can't believe you're a liverpool fan, Tim. I thought you had better taste than that. I guess their style of football does resemble AFL though - hoof long balls up the field to their giant striker Peter Crouch. Ugly, ugly football team. They are the Collingwood of the premier league. Loved and hated by many.

Tim Haynes said...

Some of those selections are just if I had to support a team I would support them. I don't really follow the premier league but I was put onto Liverpool by a friend and was sold on the colour basically. Then they were playing The Hammers in a grand final of sorts (I forget what it was really called) and I was thinking I should go for them based on the name. It's hard to make a definite choice when you aren't really basing it on much. By the way, don't you follow Chelsea?

Daniel said...

Yeah I follow Chelsea - who are just as guilty of long ball football sometimes. But Liverpool have built their entire team around that strategy - ie push 9 players behind the ball at all times, leaving only one 'target man' up front, then either a: either hoof the ball up to him; b: use their speedy wingers to break up the wing and hoof the ball to him in the form of a cross; or c: hoof the ball up to him, then have him lay it back to a player like Gerrard to shoot. Its 1 dimensional, boring football. And as they are so successful because of it, its dragging other teams (not only in the premier league, but in Europe) down to their level and turning the game into grid iron.

Elise Corless said...

You should support Ipswich Town then - they never score goal.

Go the tractor boys!