Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Purge

It all starts with cleaning up one small area. Then all of a sudden you are ordering a mini skip.

For me this week I started by cleaning out a bunch of our ‘old school’ videotapes (that’s right not DVD’s, but videos). I was doing this because the cabinet and TV were coming to my place. A lot of these videos were rarely, if ever, watched and didn’t need to be kept. Thus igniting my culling mood.

Then came the magazines. Firstly in my cupboards, then in the toilet (‘Reading Room’) then my big stash hidden on the shelves above my wardrobe. I shook my head in disbelief looking over the amount I had thrown out. i had to ask myself, "Why did I still have all this stuff?"

Seeing as though I was pulling out magazine boxes I might as well pull out the others, containing High School and Uni notes, and continue the cull there. This was fairly easy, as I knew which subjects would be useful in the future. Plus I have all my assignments on CD so there was no use keeping a hard copy. A lot was chucked sight unseen.

In the end 6 boxes turned into three and I’m still in the culling mood. Anyone know when fete season starts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TAC fete is on 6th August.

Daniel said...

Haha... I had to go to the tip when I moved out. I had horded that much junk!