Thursday, May 25, 2006

Footy Season Do’s - Mark 2

I thought that the blog on Footy Season Do’s was slightly taken out of context. Most of the fault for gaining that result is mine. The tongue in cheek tone was lost and perhaps I didn’t explain well enough. Not that it’s that big a deal in the scheme of things.

But anyway, in regards to weddings, I understand that these are hard to nail down a date to suit everyone you want to invite. So I have in the past and will gladly in the future miss playing any footy fixture for anyone willing to invite me to their wedding.

It’s more the less important do’s I was referring to. This doesn’t mean they’re not important, just less important than weddings. Saturday afternoon is a conflict of interests if close friends play sport. So Saturday night is preferable.

This whole blog came about after a team-mate, a vital element in our team, missed a game because a cousin had a do on a Saturday afternoon. We were a bit perplexed as to why it wasn’t on Saturday night. Perhaps there were mitigating circumstances, we can only speculate.

No comments: