Friday, April 27, 2007

The Big Step A Little Closer

It’s been a big week. A big few months for that matter. As mentioned here earlier this month I have been seriously considering buying my own place. I have tried to use my house sitting experiences as a sneak peak as to what it might be like. As well as the times I have been left home alone.

As of today I have made an offer to buy a unit in Toongabbie. It looks promising that everything will go through without a drama. I achieved approval from RAMS earlier in the week, which gave us the green light to go ahead with the offer. Basically all I need now is for the owner to accept the offer and then I have myself a unit within weeks (or RAMS owns it).


There is a lot involved in buying a house, more than I ever imagined. It involves not only the Real Estate agent but also mortgage brokers, conveyancers as well as family and friends.

I have tried to take into account all of the expenses that would now rest on my shoulders. I’m sure I’ll manage, how much is left over to buy stuff for the unit may be the issue. Don’t be surprised to see an email zoom around asking for furniture or appliances that aren’t being used (but still work).


3 comments:

Daniel said...

Good luck Tim... hope they accept!
Whereabouts in toony?

Tim Haynes said...

All will be revealed once things are confirmed.

Anonymous said...

there is nothing wrong with using a box as a table.

kate