Monday, April 02, 2007

One Year On

It has already been a year since I started this website. It has been a very interesting year, comprising of 100 posts (this post is #101) and comments from nearly 30 different people.

I guess it’s obvious that I enjoy writing. Whether I write well is up to the reader I guess. I’ve said to a few people that don’t like the concept of blogging that I write about stuff better than I talk about stuff.

It all started with a purpose that was two pronged:
  • To develop my opinions on issues
  • To chronicle the interesting goings on in my life

Then came the process of writing that I have come to enjoy immensely:
  1. Ideas stage – where I write or type in point form to get the main idea on record
  2. Formation of ideas – turning points into sentences and paragraphs that make some sense. If I'm not 'feeling' then it either get put away for later or gets trashed
  3. Drafting – this involves varying amounts of read throughs and proof reads by 1, 2 or sometimes 3 people
  4. Final cut – ultimately the post gets saved and filed
  5. Formatting – adding of links, pics, etc
  6. Publishing – making all the work official and out there for all and sundry

Upon reflection on the year past here are some of the highlights (and perhaps lowlights).

Favourite Posts

Swans Fanaticism April 06
A bit of history to explain somewhat as to how I became a Sydney Swans nut

Lord of the Pool Dec 06
An explanation of Pool Footy that was well integrated with Tim C’s Blog on the same topic

Mac vs PC Aug 06
Explaining where I am coming from in the whole Mac Vs PC debate

Most Controversial Posts

Girls in Skirts Mar 07
I wasn’t expecting such a response

Heavy Rubbish? Jan 07
Does Heavy Metal music have a place in evangelism?

Swearing is Swearing Nov 06
Christians have a swear word of choice

Reflections on Bible Studies

Postcards From Palestine Nov 06
Cash Values June 06

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very helpful website........ Keep it up..

Anonymous said...

Yo Hammer,

Congratulations on 1 year and 100 posts - You're a true blog trailblazer!

Glad to see the Swans are back into the winners list - certainly no problems at this point - Richmond had nothing to lose and played as well as they can play, and West Coast will not play as well as they did against Sydney again this season... they've played their grand final in March!

Thanks for the mention in your favourite blogs! I do feel special.

Do you really go through all those literary stages before actually publishing a blog, I just write it straight onto the website and let it ride!