Thursday, March 15, 2007

T-Way Construction

I don’t know what to make of all the T Way construction on some of our major roads. Now that the Rouse Hill to Parramatta connection is open I guess time will tell whether it has been worth all the money. I’ve got to say that I am still on the fence regarding whether it’s all worth it. I can see both sides of the issue. If I wanted to be selfish about it then it’s very easy to jump off the fence and decide where I stand.

On one hand they are trying to encourage people to use public transport. On the other hand it has really interrupted traffic over the past few months and it makes the ride very bumpy for my patients.

The mess has been cleaned up in Westmead and Windsor Road of course, but on Sunnyholt Road it is still a demolition zone. The people in charge would rightly boast about how good it will be once it is finished. However, I am sceptical as to how many people will actually use it. Will it serve the people who need access to public transport the most?

In the meantime some roads are almost collapsing after years of neglect, eg Seven Hills Rd between Wall Park and Lucretia. You can lose a car in some of those crevasses. Just because they aren’t T-ways does this mean these roads don’t need to be fixed?

No comments: